Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A one month summary

So if we dogs could keep track of time, I could say that it has been a little over a month since I arrived at this place with these new humans. We seem to do mostly the same things everyday, which I don't really mind. On the weekends, we do different things, but still spend lots of time cuddling and stuff... well, at least until I get into my crocodile mood.

When that happens, I get sprayed right in the nose with some stuff that I don't like, and it usually makes me stop - usually. I have had some episodes in the backyard where I couldn't contain my puppy energy, and either inadvertently bit one of these new humans, or got my teeth into their clothes. I've even bitten Richie on the bum a few times - love bites, really - but he doesn't seem to like it.

He also doesn't seem to like it when I lie in his favourite leather armchair - I got excited one afternoon and ran into the basement and jumped right in! Anyhow, I much prefer the couch in the basement, or even better, the bed upstairs.

"Hey! Wait for me!"
We've been doing lots of walking - usually twice a day, sometimes even three times! We went back to that place called the Endowment Lands again recently too. It was great fun running around off-leash, but as usual, it was probably too much exertion for me, as it made me limpy again. When will I learn? Anyhow, we've been meeting lots of new people in the neighbourhood. I often stop to meet people I hear coming up behind us, but I am still a bit leery sometimes, and bark at them if they try to pet me on the head.

Here I am, keeping this silly plastic thing from moving around while Richie stops and plays some game with a neighbour down the block. I wanted to get closer to the action, and it was pretty easy for me to pull the big plastic thing around, so we had to leave. Regardless, I think I like this neighbourhood... maybe I will get to stay?

Buddy

No comments: