Monday, March 12, 2007

A Bright New Day!

That awful water that falls from the sky stopped today, and the sun is shining brightly. Maybe it's that, but I think I'm starting to figure this out. As much as I cry for my brothers and sisters to come join me, none of them come. But this place called "Cambie" is starting to feel more and more comfortable. We went for our longest walk yet this morning - 1 whole block! I'm still not great on a lead, and tend to come around from behind and try to trip up Richie. We meet all sorts of people on the street that want to pet and hug me... I try to jump up and greet them, but I am still too small. Just wait.

But today has been a turning point for me; I've picked out the perfect places to poop and pee in the back yard, and I've laid claim to my favourite spot to lie in the kitchen. In fact, I've figured out how I can eat out of my bowl in the bob-sled position! I've also found a nice, cool spot on the tile in the bathroom... strange how the tile can be warm at one time of day, but cool during another. Add it to the list of things that we dogs will never understand.

Christine has gone somewhere today, and I whined when she left. However, Richie stayed and we went upstairs to a new room I hadn't been to yet. He sat at desk and seemed fixated by a big thing on the desk with images and clicked away on something that I'd surely like to chew on. Instead, I nibbled at his feet and pant legs until I got tired and fell asleep.

Catch you soon,

Mischa

No comments: