Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What, me worry?

Mercedes here again. Thought I'd keep you up to speed on the happenings around here. Lewis, the golden retriever, showed up here again yesterday. We were going to go to the dog park - all three of us, but when Christine got home, Richie let me off the leash, and I ran all around the neighbourhood. Christine didn't like it, but it was great fun for me. When she finally caught me, she seemed upset, so we didn't get to go to the dog park. We did eventually go over to Douglas Park later, and we got to run around and chase other dogs. We met a HUGE 5-yr old berner named Moshe - he is 135 lbs!

Anyhow, life has been pretty good here. There has been no lack of dogs to play with, and there's all sorts of stuff that I've been able to get into. Take today, for example. While Richie was upstairs working this morning, I decided to poke around in the laundry/mud room. See, Richie thought he had out-smarted me, and put "child-proof" safety catches on all the cupboards so that I can't get into them. But I managed to push open the bi-fold doors to the furnace area, and found a bag full of plastic grocery bags. Then Mischa took over and started shredding them into tiny pieces! What fun!

But when Richie came downstairs to check in on us, he didn't look too happy. He put us all outside, and put the block on the dog door. We heard the vacuum cleaner, and what I think was swearing. Anyhow, after a little while, the door opened up, and all of the plastic bags were gone! Richie led me over to the furnace room door, and pushed my nose against it - is smelled and tasted of bitter green apples - yuck! He also went into the furnace room and jury rigged some sort of thing so I can't push open the doors anymore. Poo.

When Christine got home, we all went to Charleston Park to play with the other dogs. I was only allowed off-leash for a little while, as I wanted to run after all the people jogging on the sea wall. Mischa however, went straight over the wall and had a quick swim in False Creek. Then she went for another swim in the duck pond... that didn't make Christine and Richie very happy. That Mischa - always getting into trouble. She paid for it in the end, as she got a bath when we got home!

Mercedes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woof! Woof, woof. Ha ha ha, woof woof woof.