Sunday, October 21, 2007

Special guest blogger

Hi, my name is Mercedes, and I am about 2 years old. Yesterday, I got picked up by Richie and Christine. I also met Mischa, their 9-month old berner! Another doggie was also in the back of the Rover - a retriever named Lewis.

"What are you doing Lewis?"

After the long drive back to their place, we all went into the backyard to play! A fourth doggie, another retriever named Idaho, came over and we had a big welcome party. We ran around in the backyard all afternoon, playing ball, sniffing and wrestling. That Mischa is a handful - she's the biggest of us all, and she never backs down with anyone. Lewis gets fixated on the damned ball, and doesn't really play - but I guess he is 11 years old, after all. Richie stayed outside with us all the while, and kept warm by the firepit. I'm trying to get Richie and Christine to adopt me, so I didn't play too much, and would stay close to his side. It's hard for him to get away when I'm sitting on his feet!

After a hard day of playing, we were noticeably pooped out. I already like this place - I get to come inside whenever I want - Mischa likes to sit out on the deck by herself sometimes, whereas I'd rather be inside with these new humans.

Mercedes

No comments: