Friday, July 28, 2017

One year update

Hi there everyone. Richie tells me that I have been here for a full year now, so I thought I would fill you all in on how things have been going here in Cambie.

I have really settled down here, and for the most part, no longer have any of the apparently bad behaviours that I had arrived with. Ok, so I still can't be trusted with the toilet paper roll, and once in a very rare while, I do a little bit of digging in the backyard. I still don't get access to the laundry hamper, but I'm not as obsessed with getting socks and gloves as I used to be. Yep, this place really feels like home now, and I have been acting like a doggie twice my age.

You see, this place is very secure and I feel comfortable that my humans are going to be here to take care of me. Richie is here almost all the time to hang out with, and even when he does go away, either he or Christine comes home later. Not that it really matters, as I come and go (outside) as I please. Actually, these days, I've been sleeping a lot outside on the cool tile and only come in later to spend the rest of the night in the basement.

I've even started behaving like a guard doggie sometimes... I can tell if it's Richie or Christine coming into the house, but if someone knocks on the door, or is making noise behind the garage, I give my best, deepest bark - Halt! Who goes there!?! One of Richie's neighbours even said that he wouldn't come into the backyard unannounced... little do they know that I'm really just a big scaredy cat.

Here's to another new year!

Buddy

No comments: