Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Point Roberts getaway

Another summer weekend, and off we go to Christine's parent's cabin again. But this time, they aren't there, and it's just us? We had a pretty quiet first evening there, and Christine was busy organizing the spare bedroom for some reason.

My new dog house?
The next day, Richie put up this new room outside for some reason. I thought, "This is awesome! Is this where I get to stay?". I tried to help him with the soft air thingys, but apparently I was making it difficult, so he shooed me out of there. I found out later that our friends were coming to stay with us, and this is where the small humans were going to sleep.

We spent almost all of our time outdoors, and we had all our meals out on the deck. One day, I decided it would be nice to lay up on the cushy chair, and eat my breakfast off of Richie's lap. 

I also had my dinner out on the grass... you will notice that in all of the pictures, I have a tether attached. That's because if left on my own accord, I tend to wander a bit, and then it is a good game to try and get me back to the cabin. I'm not used to it, and I'm constantly getting tangled up, or tripping up the humans.

They spent a lot of time playing silly games, and I was not allowed to play along, so I would stay out of the sun, and watch the action from the deck.

Here I am, on one evening, taking up all of the space on the comfy chair, so that Richie has to sit perched on the edge. Why should the humans get all of the good spots to hang out?

Here's a good one of me with my humans, hanging out at the seawall while Heather and Tyson played fetch in the water. I don't know how to fetch, and they tell me that my fur gets a bit smelly if I go in the ocean, so I stayed up on dry land.

I had a good time down there with my humans and all my friends, but when Richie started packing up the car to go home, I was the first one in. I don't get my naps in with all of the action down there, so when we got home, I slept for what seemed like two days.

Buddy

No comments: