Saturday, March 18, 2017

Linden sitting

You know that retriever from the next block down? Yeah, the one that barks at us when we walk by the front of his house? Well, the other day, we went walking down their block, and Christine went into a backyard, and brought Linden home with us! He's a little bit older than me, and I don't think he really likes it when I try to egg him into some wrestling. But I was really good, and I gave him his space.

You can see above, that I'm not crowding him on the bed - he would give a little warning when I was getting in his face too much. For the most part, we spent our days sleeping, so not much of an issue, really.

We went out to the Endowment lands one morning, and that crazy Linden would lie down in the mud puddles! That was ok apparently, so when we got to the big puddle, both of us went in for a dip. It didn't get all the mud off however, and we both got a bit of a cleanup when we got home.

Here's a new spot that I found to sleep in... most of the time, I hop up here at night, and grab a few ZZZs before I move to my next spot. But Linden must have seen me up there, as he decided to try it out:

You'll notice that he doesn't "fill" the space as well as I do however. Anyhow, he spend most of the time sleeping on the bed - something I can't do for very long, as I get too warm up there.

After about 5 days (who can count, really), Linden started to warm up to me, and on a couple of afternoons after returning from our walk, we actually did some wrassling! I went easy on the old guy, as I could have easily taken him.

Here we are, hanging out in the front yard, on Linden's last day with us... the sun came out, and I got a nice brushing out on the grass from Richie. I liked it so much, that I bit him on the bum.

Buddy

No comments: