Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Film star

Yesterday, I fulfilled my destiny to be on film (my first name was Brando)! It all started with a car ride to a place I had not been before; it had all of those film trucks and trailers that I have seen parked in front of our house in the past. We parked the Rover, and then we got into another big van that dropped us off at a big place with other humans hanging around. Apparently this is called "Background Holding"; where us budding stars hang out while we wait for our scene to be shot. We spent a long time hanging out here, but I didn't mind, as I was getting lots of attention and love, and even some cuddles from another performer who put a blanket on the ground and sat with me. Everyone wanted to take "selfies" with me - I must be some sort of star?

My human and I get some fresh air waiting for our scene
If I could tell time, I would say we spent hours doing nothing (ok, Richie was reading a book). Once in a while, the "Background Wrangler" would come in and ask for a few performers to come to set to do their thing. Then later on, the crew came in and had their lunch - I got even more attention then. I had mine too, and we would also go for short walks around the set. Then finally, the wrangler comes in and says, "man with dog", and we were off for our scene!

On my first mark watching the AD and crew
Just around the corner from Holding, there were all these humans with stuff hanging about. Another human came up to Richie and gave him instructions on where we were to go, and when to do it. So we went to our "first mark", and waited for our cue to go. Everyone gets ready, and then we hear "Roll sound! Rolling! Background! Action!". The Assistant Director (AD) gives Richie a tap on the shoulder,  and we are off walking past the cameras and actors, and then another human says, "Cut!". We did this three times (I think); you are supposed to do it exactly the same each time, if possible. I performed admirably, walking straight, without being distracted by the other performers, or the other humans, and I didn't look at the camera (which is a no-no). When we finished our scene, I was mobbed again by crew members who wanted to meet and pet me. We then went back to Holding, and after gathering our things and saying goodbye to our new friends, hopped in the van and got taken back to the Rover for another car ride home. What a day - I wonder if I will be on TV again soon?

Buddy

Editor's note: The TV show, "Somewhere Between", premiered recently, but unfortunately due to the camera angle, Buddy did not get seen in the final cut.

No comments: