Thursday, December 22, 2016

My new cousin

Yesterday, Christine's sister showed up at my house with a puppy... what I didn't know at the time, is that he is only just visiting. His name is Rufus, and he's an 8-week old Great Dane / Maremma cross.

I was really wary of him when he came in, even though I must outweigh him by 8 times! Lucky for him that he didn't get in my face at all, or I would have had to school him on who the big dog is. After lunch, Richie went away with him in the car, and so I howled - how could he leave with another doggie?

"Hey... what are you doing inside my surfboard?"
But after an agonizing period of time, he came home, but still had that Rufus with him. I was so happy to see him, I barked at the door while he was out with Rufus in my yard! Christine let me out, and I ran down to see him, and make sure that Rufus knew whose human this was.

Back inside, I made sure that Rufus could not get close to my Richie, and did my best lap-dog impersonation. Then after a couple of hours, he left, and it was only then that I realized that this was not Richie's new puppy, and that Rufus is just my cousin. Drama over.

Buddy

No comments: