Friday, November 23, 2007

An exciting evening at the park


View Larger Map
Christine took me over to Douglas Park this evening for a walk, and this puppy comes up and wanted to be around me. He didn't really want to play with me, but you could tell that something was wrong. He was sniffing around like he was looking for food, and was really shivering. I don't think I've ever shivered, as my thick coat keeps me warm on the coldest of nights. He didn't have a collar or anything, so Christine thought he might be missing. So she waited around until some guy walked by and asked if she could use his mobile phone. Then she made a call and the next thing you know, Richie shows up in the Rover! So we all pile in, and go home (all of 3 blocks!).

When we get there, Richie looks up dog breeds trying to figure out what kind of dog he is. I'm happy to have some company, but he seems to be a little freaked out as he's shaking and stuff. Christine gave him some of my food, and he wolfed down as much food as I eat, and he's not even half my size! Anyhow, we think he's a Weimaraner-cross with maybe a Ridgeback because of his silver fur colour. Christine found a tattoo in his ear, so Richie called the animal hospital to see how that could be used to find his owner. Turns out someone else tried to catch him as well, but he was too skittish and ran off. I guess I have too much allure for him! Anyhow, they suggested that we call Vancouver Animal Control and report him, and they would try to find his family. A few minutes after leaving a message, they called back saying that there's a family that has been looking for a "Thai Ridgeback" all day. So here we are, hanging out together while we wait for the animal control girl to come get him so that he can be re-united with his family.

Mischa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mischa, you are BEAUTIFUL - wow (I really hope Mischa is the dog - lol). Please thank your mom and dad for calling us at the Vancouver Animal Shelter to turn in the Thai Ridgeback you found and cared for until Amy could swing by and pick him up. He is a very nice boy. He is resting now in the kennel with food and water. A message has been left for the owner to contact us ASAP so they can be re-united.

Thanks again and take care.

Bob - Vancouver Animal Control