Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Pup in a pandemic

Well, apparently there is something going on in the world right now called a "global pandemic". I don't have a clue what that means, but it has meant that Christine no longer leaves every day to go somewhere. Instead, she goes upstairs for long periods of time.

Me, trying to keep Christine company upstairs
Sometimes, I'll go up there to visit with her, and often I'll have a nap there too. But then there's the issue of getting back downstairs. See, I am still a big scaredy-dog of going down those slippery stairs, and usually, I need some help. Sometimes they will throw treats at the bottom, so I need to go down to get them; other times they'll hold a towel up in front of me, so I don't get as apprehensive about it.

Another thing about this pandemic thing, is that no one is leaving the house anymore. Even on Sundays (who can tell what day it is, really?) Richie and Christine no longer go over to their friend's house for dinner. Instead, what they do is sit on the couch and talk "at" the coffee table, which is really weird. Sometimes I hear other voices, but no one new is here, so where are these other humans?

Even Richie is no longer going out during the day; he had been going out at least a couple of times a week, but now he has been "making self-tapes" for his TV and film stuff. Here I am providing direction for him in the makeshift audition studio. Anyhow, this pandemic thing really hasn't affected me; in fact, I think I prefer it, because Richie and Christine are always here with me.

Buddy

No comments: