Monday, November 20, 2017

I hurt my paw

We went on another road trip recently. It seemed like a long time - longer than it takes for us to go see Richie's parents. But when we got to our destination, there was snow there! We were at Christine's sister's place, and that puppy Rufus was there. It was so fun up there, even though there was only a little bit of snow.

We took a nice walk in the neighbourhood, and ended up at this spot by a lake. It was pretty cold out, so I decided not to go wading in the water... that made Richie happy for some reason. But there was lots of hanging out inside the cabin, and when Rufus would calm down, we could both get a little bit of a nap in.

On our second day there, we went for another walk along a trail. I was having fun exploring, when I fell through a deep patch of snow. But something poked me on the bottom of my paw, and when I got out of there, I was holding it up for Christine to see. There was this stuff dripping from my paw, and when I licked it, it tasted like the bar stool that I often lick at home.

Anyhow, we rushed back to the cabin, where everyone was hovering over me and Richie held my paw tight until that stuff was no longer coming out. Then they wrapped up my paw and part of my leg  with some stuff, and then put a silly rubber glove over top, so I could still go out in the snow. It seemed like a lot of drama, but I didn't put up much of a fuss. I didn't even try to get the glove off, but it sure was hard to walk with.

Anyhow, we've been home now for what seems like a week, and I keep getting new bandages put on my paw. Apparently, there is still more healing to do, as I'm getting limited access to the backyard, and have to put on a rubber bootie each time I do. I am so ready for this to be over.

Buddy

No comments: