Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Busy week!

Ok. We dogs really have no concept of time, so I'm not sure if it's been a week or what. But what seems like a number of sleeps ago, my cousin Harley showed up for a visit, and he's been here ever since. I really want him to play with me, but he doesn't want to. I even "bluff-charge" him, and he doesn't budge!

I guess it has something to do with his size (or mine?) and the fact that he's much older than I am. Who doesn't want to play with me? Anyhow, after a few sleeps, we went down to the cabin for a couple of sleeps. On our first day, after our morning walk, Richie unclipped my leash, and I ran straight for the ditch! The water in it was wonderfully smelly, but this did not make him happy, and I ended up getting a rinsed off and put onto a long tether.

I don't really have much wanderlust, and for the most part, prefer to be as close to Richie as I can. Sometimes, my rope would get caught on patio furniture and stuff, and I'd end up either dragging stuff around, or someone would have to get up and free me from the obstruction. Other than that, Point Roberts was pretty uneventful, but with the nice weather, we spent a lot of time outdoors.

When we got home, Richie and Christine were busy getting the patio prepared for an evening with some friends. And then my brother Cooper and his humans showed up! We played and played... sometimes right in the middle of the patio, until someone would shoo us over onto the grass to wrestle instead.


And then the next morning, we went for a car-ride down to the river, and who shows up but my other brother Winston and my sister Rilee! How this happens, I'll never know, but it was really fun!

Another couple of Berners showed up at the beach too, so there was a total of six of us Swiss-made doggies running around and wading in the river! Phew... that was a lot of action for one week.

Buddy

No comments: