Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day trip

We had another "long weekend" recently, although I really don't understand what that means. My interpretation is that both Richie AND Christine are around for longer... maybe that's what it means. Anyhow, we got into the Rover the other morning, and we drove to the Starbucks. While we were waiting for Richie to get his coffee, I decided that I wanted to see what it would be like to drive.

Ok, so maybe I can't drive the Rover, but there are dogs that have been taught to drive a Mini Cooper, another one of our transportation units.


So anyways, we drove down to Point Roberts, even though it was cold out. While I don't care if it's cold, usually Christine doesn't like this kind of weather. But I like going there anytime, and when we got there, we went to the beach, as we always do. But this time, there was snow there!

I did what I normally do, and rolled around on my back in it - but it was not soft like snow we've had at home. It was hard and crunchy. I also usually snack on some bites of snow, but this stuff didn't taste good for some reason... kinda like when I go swimming and get the sea water in my mouth.

But when we were down there, we also saw hundreds (can't count, but so they tell me) of birds and ducks. When I got closer, they all took off at the same time! It was really neat to see (apparently). There was also this big eagle that was sitting on the border marker watching us the whole time. What fun!

Mischa

No comments: