Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A different kind of doggie

So we went for our afternoon walk when Richie got home from work today, and we came across a strange doggie that I hadn't seen in the neighbourhood before. Sure, we saw the big fella from the next block, who always barks and acts mean to me, but this one was different. He was running along the road, no collar, no leash, no owner. I wanted to greet him, but Richie sensed something was wrong, and held us back. Sure enough, he too, didn't want to come see us, and as he ran in our direction, he ducked across a yard and zipped down 23rd.

Richie figures it was a coyote - too big to be a fox he said. However, it was still a lot smaller than either me or Paisley, but let's face it, street brawlers, we're not. I think the mere sight of us (185 lbs. combined weight) was probably enough to scare him off, not to mention the tall human standing beside us. But I think we could have taken him - you should see how ferocious Paisley can be sometimes. Nevertheless, it wasn't an everyday occurrence - unlike the numerous squirrels that we see almost everyday.

Mischa

No comments: