Saturday, April 7, 2007

Cross-border puppy

Today, we went down to a little piece of the US of A, called Point Roberts. Christine's parents are building a cabin down there, so we went down to check things out. I had a great time, as there was lots of new things to smell and explore. I even met a retired police dog named Xena. She barked like a mean doggie and ran up to the fence, but I wasn't scared.

Then we went down to the beach, and I wandered around looking for the best place to poop. It was really fun watching Richie chase me around while I sniffed out the optimum spot. I think I am going to like going to the beach when I get older.

Today, I made a break-through in my efforts to get more cookies. I have already mastered "sit", "shake a paw", and "hurry-up" (my signal to go pee), but I found another way for these silly humans to give me treats. I simply slide my butt out and lie down, and I get a cookie and lots of excitement from Christine and Richie. Apparently, they think I'm responding to the command "down". I'm still making them work for the other stuff, but I'll get them trained up soon enough.

Mischa

No comments: