Friday, May 7, 2021

The last week

It has been a pretty good week for me - I am getting lots of peanut butter, milk treat in the morning, and lots of my other treats throughout the day. I normally only get one of the good ones per day, but for some reason, I've been getting as many as I want all week long! My leg is really bugging me, and so I am not going for any walkies or sniffies in the neighbourhood, and so I spend most of my time lying around in the backyard. 

Sometimes, Richie will grab one of the big, soft cushion things from the lounge chairs and put it down on the grass beside me. I get soft pets from him while I doze off and he hangs out with me while I snooze the afternoon away. I'm sure glad the weather is nice for them, as I'd probably be lying out here in the rain regardless, but I doubt they would! I have also had a couple of visits this week; one from my old friend who (tried to) dog-sit with me one weekend, and on another evening, Cooper's humans came to visit me. They were really sad when we said good-bye; I hope they said hi to my brother for me.

Don't be too concerned about me. Despite the pain in my leg, I'm a pretty happy guy. I've been eating and drinking really well, as I am getting more than my share of table scraps and special meals all week. I have also been spending all my time - at least when I'm not sleeping - with my two favourite humans, Richie and Christine. This place really has been everything that a crazy puppy like me needed, and I have lived my life the way I wanted to. As my nana likes to say, when I found this place, "I won the doggie lottery!"

Buddy

No comments: