Saturday, March 27, 2021

New procedure for going down the stairs

So here's a new thing that is happening around here lately. To alleviate any undue stress on my wrist as I go down the stairs, I now need to wear this harness thingy every time I want to go outside. I'm not exactly modelling it correctly here, but it goes over my head, then gets strapped around my chest. I like putting it on, as I get a hug each time that it gets clipped on!

Then when we head downstairs, Christine or Richie holds on to the handle on top of my harness, and then I usually just stand there. See, I normally go down the stairs after them, but now they want me to go first, so they can hold on to me! It's really weird, because I'm walking down the stairs, but my front paws are barely touching the surface!

Anyhow, it isn't so bad, and I can actually get through my special door on my own, even with my harness on. Richie usually shouts at me, "WAIT!" but I don't, and rush out the door on my own. My leg still hurts, but aside from the harness thingy, it's pretty much the same routine around here though. 

"I smells something here?"
Still going out for a walk everyday, but it's really short, which is just fine with me. And of course milk and peanut butter treats! I am getting a lot more cuddle time than normal, which is also awesome, as I am a huggy-bear!

Buddy

No comments: