Thursday, January 9, 2020

Starting the New Year off right

We Berners don't actually understand the passage of time, but apparently it is the New Year, and so to celebrate, my brother Cooper and step-sis River showed up! Their humans came over too, of course, and they made good food and let me have a few scraps and lick the plates - yum!  

The next day, we all went for a long walk in the park, which was awesome! I got to show my Berner family all the best smells and where all the places were to get a drink. It is always more fun to tour in a big group, and we made lots of friends along the way.

When my brother and sister left, you would think it was time for Christine to go back to work, but no - we were still hanging out, going for walks. This is a longer than normal walk for me, all the way around the baseball stadium. Apparently Mischa, my predecessor, actually went to a game here with Richie and Christine one night!

Then a few sleeps later, it snowed! And not just a little bit of snow, where it melts later that day. No, it was real, bona fide snow! I love snow so much, I'll even lie outside and sleep in it! When Richie takes me for walks, I'll snuffle along with my nose deep in it, trying to find smells of things hidden under there.

We also went up to the park for some more pristine snow - you know, stuff that hasn't been all stepped on by other humans. Inside the tennis courts, there was so much fresh snow to run and play in, I didn't know what to do with myself. So I laid down in the snow and ate it.

I just love snow... I wonder how long it will last this time?

Buddy

No comments: