Friday, June 7, 2019

Road trip!

We got into the car the other day, but rather than going to the park or the beach, we drove onto this big thing that went out onto the water! I wasn't scared, as I was with Richie and Christine the whole time, but the floor moved and vibrated like I have never felt before. Anyhow, after a while, we drove off the thing and kept going to a place called Tofino. When we got there, we moved our stuff into a cabin - I figured out that we were going to be sleeping here for a little while.

Christine and Richie had to put on some jackets, as it was really windy down on the beach, but I loved it! We walked all the way to the other end to check it out, and there was some really good sniffing there. When we got back to our cabin, we were hanging out and relaxing, when my brother Cooper and River showed up! I was like, "how did you guys know we were here?" 
 
Cooper heading for an evening dip
We did more beachcombing, and running around in the wet sand, while the humans got caught up. Since none of us are real swimmers, we kept to wading in the surf instead.
 
Enjoying sunset at the beach
Back at the cabin, we'd hang out on the grass, but we had to either stay close, or we were forced to be put on a tether so we wouldn't wander off. The humans would sit in a tub of hot water, which I can't understand - who would want that? They'd make their yummy smelling dinners, and then we'd go back to the beach again, and watch the sunset. I slept hard after all of that activity - I barely got any of my naps in!

One morning, we went to a huge stretch of sand called Long Beach. Even though this is all we have been doing here, we ran back and forth into the water, and everyone seemed to enjoy the sun. We walked and walked - felt like forever to me. I got all tuckered out and decided to just lie down in the soft sand.

What a great road trip this has been! But you know me, I couldn't wait to get home to my own place.

Buddy

No comments: