Friday, October 28, 2016

Squirrels and more

We go for a walk at least two times a day here at my new home... once after Richie has had his breakfast and coffee, and then once again in the afternoon. Usually, we see some other doggies, and sometimes we see other 4-legged creatures.

Like this kitty for instance. Apparently I have no "prey-instinct" - like as in zilch, zero, nada. I sometimes notice these feline things, but rarely do I ever stop and see what they are up to. This one didn't run away like all the other ones do - probably because of the fence between us.

But there are these things with bushy tails that are always around the neighbourhood. There are a lot of nuts lying on the ground these days, and these "squirrels" as they are called, are running around, picking them up. They don't seem to afraid of me, as they can easily run up the tree when they see me.

 Like these two (actually three, but one ran off before Richie could take a picture) squirrels here. They were gathering nuts by this tree and when we walked up, they ran around the other side and chirped at me. They've got nothing to fear, really. Just happy to be out for a walk in the neighbourhood.

Buddy

No comments: