Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Home alone

This weekend (or so they tell me), Christine and Richie left, and didn't come home!?! Instead, their friend Karen showed up a couple of hours later to take care of me. I had met her a week before, and was on my best behaviour with her. Well, except for our walks. You see, I like it here. And when she took me out for walks, I wasn't sure if we would be coming back. Since I can't have that, I would stop after we got only a few houses away, and sit down. Okay, I do this with Richie too, but after a few moments, I'll carry on. But since I didn't want to go too far from my new home, I held fast. One time, I ran so hard back to the house, I almost dragged her along!

But it's been great hanging out with her. Karen brought me this awesome rope toy to play with - it's my new favourite. We'll see how long that lasts for, as I like to chew the ends off and eat them. I did miss Richie and Christine however, as I would look all over the house for them. Why didn't I get to go with them?

Anyhow, another neat thing that this new human brought with her is this water and food thing. It makes it so that I don't have to stoop over to eat or get a drink. Or lie down. You see, when I drink water, I like to slurp it up with my chin hanging in the water dish. Like in the bucket outside. But with the water dish inside, I need to lie down in order to get the same effect... like this:

Well after what seemed like forever, Richie and Christine came home! I greeted them with much enthusiasm, and didn't even jump up or bite them! I really am becoming a good dog! Thanks for taking care of me Karen!

Buddy

No comments: