Thursday, July 10, 2014

Family get-togethers

It has been great fun over the last couple of weekends; we went down to Point Roberts first to catch up with the Johnsons. We were up to all of the regular activities that we normally do, like going for a walk to the beach, having big dinner events, and playing this silly beanbag game.

 It seems that I'm getting a bit better at being off-leash at the cabin, as I'm rarely tethered anymore (I've learned my lesson with the yucky water in the ditches). So when there's nothing going on at the Johnson cabin, I'll sometimes wander around the fence over to Rita's and hang out with them (and get treats, of course!).

 We drove down in the little car too, but one thing I've found, is that it doesn't give me nearly as much shade as the Rover does! While I like the turbo-sniffing in the back of this car, I prefer the shady area under the Rover, as I can scootch under it, unlike this car.

 Here's a typical afternoon - Richie sitting the "gravity lounger" eating an ice cream cone, and me, patiently waiting for some remnants.

A few days later, Richie's parents showed up back at home, and we went for a visit with the Chins. There was a whole bunch of humans, most of whom I've smelled before, eating and drinking. After they had a big meal, we all went out to the front lawn while the small humans played. I found one of Chelsea's toys, a squeaky one! I had a great time with it, but let Chelsea have it back when she wanted it.

 I didn't play too hard with Chelsea, as she's getting old and can't get around as fast as me. I was just happy to hang out on the lawn in the middle of all of the action.

Mischa

No comments: