Saturday, October 26, 2013

Squirrel season

It's that time of year again, when all of those trees along the streets where Richie takes me for my walks, are dropping these things called 'nuts'. I like to pick them up and roll them around my mouth, but don't crack them open and eat them. But apparently those squirrels love these things, as they are everywhere right now.

This afternoon, we went for our walk, and there's lots of leaves on the ground. We walked by a huge pile of them on a lawn where a human and his little one were playing. I decided to join in and frolicked in the leaves. I dug around with my snout, as if I was looking for something hidden beneath them. Then I rolled around on my back and made a comfy bed.

Further down the street, Richie stopped me, and pointed at something. I didn't see what it was that he wanted me to see, until it moved... there was a squirrel on the tree only a leash-length away! It saw me and started climbing the tree, and so I jumped up on my hind legs as if to pursue it. The squirrel got up and away, but then it must have lost it's grip, and it fell right in front of me! If Richie didn't have the leash tight, I could have gotten that one for sure!

Mischa

No comments: