Monday, October 11, 2010

Turkey weekend down south

This weekend we went down to Point Roberts again - it is apparently "Thanksgiving" - the humans reward themselves by stuffing their bellies with turkey... we of course, simply wait for some tasty morsels to fall on the floor. Anyhow, we spent a lot of time beach-combing - or for us, finding smelly, dead things to roll around in.

Anyhow, it was beautiful and sunny down there, and despite the cooler temperatures, we still had no trouble going swimming in the ocean. We went for a really long walk down the beach, and found lots of dead crabs and birds - yay!

Here we are taking a break and quenching our thirst - you try going for a 90-minute walk in a fur coat! After we had a drink, I got into "crazy puppy mode" and was digging in the sand under the log trying to get Paisley riled up:



Here's a funny thing sticking out of the sand a little further down the beach. Apparently it's a "boiler" that washed ashore many years ago.

The first time I came across this, it scared me, and I wouldn't go anywhere near it! But this time, I conquered my fear, and it was nothing... I climbed up on it to show it who is boss.

Here we are this morning on our second beach-combing expedition; I only found one dead crab and Paisley found a dead fish - it was still a lot of fun however!

Mischa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have so much fun and joy watching the wonderful life that Mischa has as a valued member of your family! How lucky she was that you were destined to 'find' her, and she you. I keep watching for another chapter, and hope that you consider writing a book about her life with you. You have a gift for story telling, Richard! And your pictures are captivating....