Sunday, March 9, 2008

So who was Paisley the First?

The original Paisley was a beautiful Berner that spent a lot of time with Richie. She actually belonged to Richie's sister, Deb, but on many occasions, Richie would take care of Paisley. They would go camping and fishing together, and they formed a very strong bond.

Paisley was a big female too, not as big as me perhaps, but she was definitely a handful! She would get into all sorts of trouble at Deb's house, but for some reason, didn't give Richie much trouble. Unfortunately, Paisley passed away early - at about 6 1/2 years old. But it was Paisley that got Richie hooked on us Berners, so I have her to thank for my new life here in Cambie.

So for a little over two years, I've been called "Pazi" - when Richie found out that was my name, he knew I would respond just as easily to "Paisley". I wish I could have met my namesake, but I'm sure I'll live up to her expectations!

Paisley II

No comments: