Thursday, December 6, 2012

My favourite things

Now that I seem to have free reign of the house pretty much all the time, my favourite place to spend the day is on the bed. Here's why:
  1. I can see out to the street without having to get up.
  2. It's a nice soft place to lie and catch a nap.
  3. The front door is very close, so I can bark at the mailman when she sticks the paper through the door.
  4. Sometimes the sun shines through, and I can warm myself without leaving my nap spot.
I like it up on the bed so much that even when Christine is changing the sheets, I can't be bothered to get off. Sure, when there's the three of us up there, and I get a little warm, I'll get off - but it's on my own terms, not theirs!

I am liking this cool weather too. I'll go outside and sit on the deck or patio for hours by myself. Of course, I'm keeping everyone safe from those humans who go by the back alley, and I keep an ear out for other dogs barking in the distance. This is also the time of the year for good squirrel hunting. I almost got one the other day... one went up a tree, and as I went around the back to see what was going on, there was another one clinging to the back of the trunk, mere inches from me! It quickly scurried away, but dog, that was the closest I have ever been to one - well, except that dead one I found in the park one day... it wasn't very fun however.

I hear Christmas is coming... I love Christmas!

Mischa

No comments: