Saturday, September 1, 2012

Things we're not supposed to eat

Yesterday afternoon, while we were all hanging around on the patio, Christine noticed one of the toys that we play with was all but gone. Where did it go? Toba was just chewing on it. I don't see it anywhere. Are you sure she had it? A few minutes later, Richie appeared with the syringe-thingy. I didn't want anything to do with it, as that usually means I'm going to have some yucky stuff fired into the back of my mouth. Toba on the other hand, didn't seem to have a clue what was about to happen. Richie opened her mouth, and shot the clear fluid down her throat with the syringe. She swallowed it, and everything seemed fine. Hmmm. Then about 5 minutes (who can count, really) later, Toba puked out what was left of my yellow toy! She had eaten almost all of it, even the little plastic squeakers that make noise when you bite on it. They were glad that they got it out of her, as it could have gotten stuck inside, and that would have meant an expensive (what is money, really) trip to the vet.

Toba examines the remains of the outdoor
snack that she missed out on
Then during the night, I noticed that there was something that smelled very enticing in the kitchen sink. Apparently my humans hadn't learned from the last time, but I can easily get up on the counter and fish things out of the sink. Turns out it was a huge piece of beef! I love beef - normally I get little bites of fatty bits, or have to gnaw it off the bone. This was gift wrapped in a plastic cover (that I love shredding apart anyways), and didn't have any of those annoying bones in it. I promptly ran outside with it, and devoured my midnight snack. This morning, I knew something was wrong however. Hey, was that roast thawed before you put it in the fridge? Huh, what are you talking about? The roast - I put it in the sink to thaw overnight. No way. MISCHA! Well, I guess we're not supposed to eat some things.

Mischa

No comments: